One ocean: one team
We pride ourselves on being the voice of the ocean. We believe in acting with integrity, being inclusive and working with science on our side. All our roles are open to individuals from every walk of life. One ocean: one team.
Our values provide a framework for the approach to our work, to the people we work with, and to each other.
- We are brave: we stand up for what we believe in even when it’s not the most popular view. We do what is right, not what is easy.
- We have integrity: we are true to what we say, acting with honesty and ethics in all we do.
- We are a community: people are at the heart of everything we do – from our colleagues, volunteers and supporters - to all those we engage with to inspire action and bring about change.
- We are credible: we are a science-based organisation and use our years of experience and evidence to underpin our opinions and policies.
- We are positive: we are optimistic about the future of our ocean and do all we can to drive change and inspire action.
- We are solutions focused: it is vital we improve the health of our ocean and we encourage new thinking and innovative approaches to achieve this. We are responsive, adaptive and always learning.
We want you to share these values and our vision for the marine environment, but also to contribute your own unique perspectives and experiences which will add to our knowledge and our culture.
Our commitment to inclusion is authentic our selection process is grounded in your potential, regardless of race, religion or belief, ethnic origin, different physical ability, family structure, socio-economics, age, nationality or citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other quality.