Sustainability and environmental policy summary
We believe we have a responsibility to care for and protect the environment in which we operate. Our policy aim is to assess how our practices impact on the environment and to develop targets to minimise that impact and apply best practice.
We are currently working with sustainability consultants to review and update our strategy for 2021 and beyond.
At present our key impact areas are: waste management, food and drink procurement, energy use, transport, water, office stationery, print production, events and merchandise procurement supply chain.
In line with our key impact areas, we will:
- Adopt and apply best environmental practice across all our activities.
- Inform staff on ways to operate in an environmentally sensitive manner.
- Ensure efficient and economical use of raw materials and supplies within the charity to minimise waste.
- Provide clearly signposted facilities for staff to re-use or recycle waste.
- Minimise energy and water consumption.
- Purchase the most sustainable products available.
- Promote car sharing, public transport or walking/cycling to work for staff and volunteers.
- Include environmental and ethical considerations in investment decisions.
- Encourage innovative solutions to problems that have the potential to impact on the environment.
- Provide clear guidance to our members and supporters to help them conduct fundraising activities with low impact on the environment.
For our full policy, please email [email protected]