Sustainable fisheries and aquaculture
We will ensure there are more fish in healthier seas, improve the way wild fisheries and fish farms are managed, and influence consumers and seafood businesses to be more responsible in their seafood buying choices.
We will ensure our seas are cleaner, track the health of our seas, identify key sources of pollution and develop innovative solutions for preventing it and cleaning it up.
We will ensure our seas are better protected, improve marine management, secure well-managed marine protected areas, recover, nurture and protect marine species and habitats, and track ocean recovery.
Income, impact and profile
We will be the UK marine conservation charity of choice for funders and supporters, with a high profile and a large, sustainable, diverse income base.
An expert and professional organisation
We will deliver first class science and practical conservation supporting our memorable campaigns, and engaging outreach and education programmes – all based on strong finances, human resources and professional IT.
How we achieve our goals
- Advocating policy and legislative change, including through infl uencing politicians, judicial challenges and public-facing campaigns.
- Challenging, educating, engaging and infl uencing people, partners and communities.
- Engaging in dialogue with and challenging regressive, unsustainable businesses.
- Supporting and sharing best practice, and creating alliances and partnerships with progressive, sustainable businesses.
- Engaging in hands-on practical conservation and providing evidence through scientific, technical research and citizen science studies.
… And with your involvement
Get in touch to explore ways we can achieve our strategic goals together and help secure a future for our living seas.
Actions you can take
- Take part in our latest campaigns
- Read our annual reports and reviews
- Explore the 'How you can help' section of our website
- Open our Strategy 2018 - 2028 .pdf
Did you know?…
Over 15,000 marine species are found in UK seas
UK Seas provide us with resources from fish to renewable marine energy
More than 11,000 supporters fund our work through membership, donations, and adoption schemes