How your money helps
Like most charities, MCS relies on generous donations from our supporters. We ensure we spend your money carefully to achieve the maximum impact for conservation whilst staying competitive within the ever growing charity sector.
On average, for every £1 spent, 76p goes on conservation programmes, marine education and campaign communications to ensure that our messages reach audiences far and wide; and 24p is spent on fundraising and servicing our members to ensure that we can continue the effective and impactful conservation work that we do.
How you can support MCS
There are many ways for you to support MCS, from volunteering at a beach clean to becoming a member. Click a link below to explore how you could help our vital conservation work.
Actions you can take
- Join a beach clean
- Read our annual reports and reviews
- Organise a beach clean
- Open our Strategy 2018 - 2028 .pdf
- Explore the 'How you can help' section of our website
- Join MCS for as little as £3.50 per month
- Download the Great British Beach Clean Report 2019
- Visit the beachwatch website
Did you know?…
Globally, plastic litter has reached every part of the world’s oceans
MCS launched its Beachwatch programme in 1994