Join or donate
Your support is vital to help us work for a cleaner, better-protected, healthier ocean: one we can all enjoy.
Together, we are the sea change.
By supporting the Marine Conservation Society you will help us fight for the future of our ocean. For seas full of life, where nature flourishes and people thrive.
“Over the last two decades I’ve watched with horror as the future of our ocean has become more and more uncertain. That’s not to say it’s not recoverable it absolutely is. But only if we can work with people just like you – who care as passionately about our seas as our team of scientists and experts do.”
Dr Peter Richardson, Head of Ocean Recovery, Marine Conservation Society
For nearly 40 years we’ve championed our seas
- We’ve seen a 55% drop in plastic bags on UK beaches since the 5p charge (which we campaigned for) was introduced in 2011.
- UK Marine Conservation Zones were designated using our divers’ habitat and species reports.
- Evidence from our beach litter surveys helped bring in the bans on plastic cotton bud sticks, stirrers and straws.
If you would like to purchase a Gift Membership from us, please call our Membership team on 0300 3300 704, so we can arrange the correct delivery of the Welcome Pack.
Our members receive a welcome pack, magazine and regular updates
If you join us as a member, by making a regular monthly gift, you'll be the first to know our important news, campaign updates and follow our urgent action to restore the health of our seas.
Our member will receive:
- Welcome pack
- Magazine three times a year
- Exclusive updates and insights
You can pick and choose how you hear from us on or offline.
We work hard to make every penny count
For every £1 you give we spend at least 70p to help recover the health of our ocean. In 2019/20, we spent 73p on the cause, and 27p on fundraising and admin.
Read more about how we work: our supporter promise.