While we're all spending more time indoors, now is your opportunity to level-up your fundraising.
Your game, your challenge, one goal... a cleaner, healthier, better-protected ocean
STEP 1: Choose your game – Select a video game, board game or tabletop RPG.
STEP 2: Set your challenge – Will you do a marathon, speed-run, or tournament? Make your challenge harder by setting limitations on your game. See our challenge ideas below.
STEP 3: Assemble your team – Will you work together or fight it out?
STEP 4: Fundraise – Set up a Justgiving page, live stream through Twitch, and start collecting donations.
- Marathon – six, 12, or 24 hours to play your favourite game. Do it in a group, tag team, or try it solo. Suggested games: World of Warcraft, Fallout 4, League of Legends, Dungeons and Dragons.
- Speedrun – Play a game really fast. Try a challenge on speedrun.com or set your own. Suggested games: Minecraft, Super Mario 64, Portal, Pandemic, Uno, jigsaws.
- Hard mode – Play a game on it's hardest settings. Suggested games: The Last of Us 2, Fire Emblem, FTL.
- Tournament – Play against friends or join a tournament at Battlefy.com. Suggested games: FIFA, Rocket League, Fortnite, Poker, Trivial Pursuit.
- Completion lists – Unlock all available achievements in a game. Suggested games: anything that's not too lengthy, unlocking and achieving every difficulty mode can take time.
- Screen free – Flip the challenge and try not gaming for a week, or even a month.
Extra challenges: If you still can't decide, try GamesRadar's list of hardcore challenges set by players.
Our top tips
- Liven up your stream with game-related costumes.
- Ask for donations when you hit set milestones or challenges.
- Remember to take regular breaks to relax your eyes.
- Rest well before a marathon – drink plenty of water and eat healthy snacks such as fruit and nuts to keep your energy up.
- Talk to your supporters and answer questions about why you’re fundraising as you go. Ask a friend to moderate your chat and set chat rules for your supporters, like no swearing or hate speech.