MCS joins forces with campaigning restaurant guide Fish2Fork
We’ve teamed up with Fish2Fork, the online guide that rates restaurants on seafood sustainability.
Together, we aim to make all seafood in the UK sustainable, and to bring about a truly sustainable seafood supply chain.
Fish2Fork rates restaurants solely according to the sustainability of their seafood rather than the quality of their cooking. Restaurants are assessed according to the sustainability of their seafood, including the care they take in finding suitable ingredients and the effort they make to tell diners about them.
You’ll find Fish2Fork-rated restaurants on the MCS Good Fish Guide app.
Actions you can take
- Download our guide showing how fish are caught
- Download Our Introduction to Seafood Ratings
- Download our guide showing how fish are farmed
- View the Good Fish Guide online
- Download our LATEST Wild Capture Ratings Methodology (October 2017 onwards)
- Download our Wild Capture Ratings Methodology .pdf
- Download Aquaculture Ratings Methodology .pdf
Did you know?…
Over the last century, we have lost around 90% of the biggest predatory oceanic fish, such as tuna, swordfish and sharks
41% of North East Atlantic stocks including those around the UK are subject to overfishing
A estimated £1.1 billion is spent on fish and chips every year in the UK
What's your impact on our seas?
You can play a key role in securing the future of our seas and marine wildlife by making more environmentally responsible choices when buying seafood.
Make the right choice and reduce your impact - every purchase matters!See our top tips
Stop the plastic tide
Support our appeal to turn the tide on plastics.Find out more