Volunteer and Community Engagement Support Officer
|Contract:||Fixed-term contract for 1 year|
|Salary:||£19,500 to £22,000 dependent on experience|
|Closing:||Monday 27 May 2019|
|Interviews:||Wednesday 5 June 2019|
Plastic bags, microbeads, wet wipes, plastic bottles and straws are big news. Following the success of BBC1’s Blue Planet II and Sky Ocean Rescue MCS is instrumental in the growing understanding that we, as a nation, have to do something about the rising tide of plastic on our beaches and in our seas.
We are determined to create the actions that will make change happen for the future of our oceans and to do that, we need to grow support through public awareness and volunteer engagement. If you’re an exceptional Team Support/Administrator you can play a key part in coordinating this important work with MCS.
This is a true lynch-pin role, as you’ll be supporting the Volunteer & Community Engagement team who deliver of our key programmes out in the regions. There are a variety of programmes from Sea Champions to Beachwatch, activities with any number of local groups and bringing volunteers into our offices.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Provide administrative support to the Head of Volunteer and Community Engagement, including meeting organisation, minute taking and support with financial processes.
- Provide administrative support for the wider Volunteer & Community Engagement team, including collating packs and mail-outs, photocopying, filing, as well as the coordination of the print and production of programme materials.
- Act as the first point of contact for all enquiries regarding the Sea Champions and the wider Volunteer & Community Engagement programme and other MCS volunteering opportunities.
- Provide logistical and administrative support for events and training run by the Volunteer & Community Engagement teams, including beach cleans.
- Co-ordinate internal and external communications for the Volunteer & Community Engagement programmes.
- Maintain, interrogate and report on data held by the Volunteer & Community Engagement teams.
- Assist in the co-ordination of activities of the Office Sea Champion volunteers
- Experienced in dealing effectively with enquiries from the public, with the highest standards of customer service.
- A track record of planning and organising people, equipment and resources to set timescales.
- Able to prioritise various demands on your time and work independently to organise your daily workload.
- Previous experience working in a team, with the ability to recognise where you can apply your skills and be proactive in offering assistance.
Further Information and How To Apply
First thing - download the Information Pack for the full job description and information about working at MCS.
To apply, send your CV and cover letter setting out why you want to work with us, and why you’re perfect for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org
For any enquiries - call the HR team on 01989 561574.
MCS is an equal opportunities employer welcoming applications from all sections of the community.
Eligibility to work in the UK is required.
Registered Charity No: 1004005 (England & Wales) SC037480 (Scotland)
For more Marine Conservation jobs, see environmentjob.co.uk