Dornoch Firth Information Officer
|Contract:||Fixed-Term, full-time 11 May 2020 to 9 October 2020|
|Salary:||£16,926 pro-rated for contract term|
|Location:||Glenmorangie Distillery, Tain, Ross-shire, IV19 1PZ|
|Closing:||Sunday 8 March 2020|
|Interviews:||Thursday 2 April 2020|
The Glenmorangie distillery exists alongside the special conservation area on the Dornoch Firth and is committed to improving the site as part of their sustainable future - we are excited to be partners with Glenmorangie and Heriot-Watt University in the ground-breaking Dornoch Environmental Enhancement Project (DEEP).
We now have an exciting opportunity for an outgoing, target-driven person to share their passion for marine conservation and become the ambassador for MCS based at the Glenmorangie distillery in Tain, Ross-shire.
Confident speaking with groups, you will deliver talks and presentations to raise awareness of the Dornoch Firth marine environment and the valuable partnership between MCS and Glenmorangie to visitors at the distillery. Away from the distillery, you will also work to engage the local community in events and activities which promote the partnership’s initiatives and encourage community interest and attendance at our Beachwatch events in September.
You will be able to demonstrate experience (or the skills required) for recruiting new members for MCS, ideally in a face-to-face capacity or in a sales environment. The role will involve some travel in the beautiful and rural area of Tain – public transport links to some locations are difficult so the use of a car is required. This role will also require you to work flexibly, including attending some evening and weekend events.
Key Skills, Qualities & Knowledge:
- Demonstrable customer service skills & excellent verbal communication abilities
- Confident approaching members of the public in order to promote the partnership and secure financial donations and memberships for MCS -Knowledge of marine conservation in Scotland
- A committed interest in communicating marine conservation to varied audiences to achieve a positive and active response
- Able to work flexibly on days/hours of the week, and able to undertake outreach work in the local area with unrestricted access to suitable transport
- Able to effectively manage and prioritise own workload and operate autonomously
- Self-motivated and with a positive attitude to a diverse workload
- 1st Aid Certificate would be an advantage
How to apply and further information
Download the information pack for the full job description and more about what we would like to see in your application
Then download the application form
And then send your completed form to email@example.com Please make sure it’s in an editable format – so no PDF or Pages formats.
Got questions? email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01989 561574.
MCS is an equal opportunities employer welcoming applications from all sections of the community.
Eligibility to work in the UK is required.
Registered Charity No: 1004005 (England & Wales) SC037480 (Scotland)
For more Marine Conservation jobs, see environmentjob.co.uk