IT Support Officer
|Salary:||up to £25,900 dependent on experience|
|Closing:||19 May 2019|
|Interviews:||30 May 2019|
MCS is looking for an IT Support Officer with the skills to provide user support, maintain the current IT infrastructure and lead on the implementation of selected new IT systems as required.
You’ll act as first point of contact for IT and telecoms queries for our team, responding to a variety of requests for technical assistance, hardware or software support. With excellent verbal and written skills, you’ll also be expected to produce user/systems documentation and deliver occasional small group training sessions.
As part of a small team, you’ll have confidence in your abilities and a positive, can-do approach. You’ll be able to work independently, using your own research and analytical skills to both solve IT problems and implement new services and technologies. Ideally, you’ll have a mixture of desktop support, server and networking skills. Equally, you will have a keen interest in learning new software and hardware solutions.
Key skills for the role are:
- IT helpdesk experience, including hands-on fault resolution, prioritising multiple tasks and maintaining a call log.
- In depth knowledge of MS Windows 10 and Office software products.
- Server hardware and software (rack servers, Windows Server 2016, Hyper-V, backup systems etc.).
- Networking skills (e.g., wired/wireless networks, DHCP, DNS etc.).
- Office 365, Skype and SharePoint online.
- Excellent communication with skills to prepare user and system documentation.
Further Information and How To Apply
Download the Information Pack for more information and the full job description.
To apply, send your CV and cover letter setting out why you want to work with us, and why you’re perfect for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org
Any enquiries - call the HR team on 01989 561574.
MCS is an equal opportunities employer welcoming applications from all sections of the community.
Eligibility to work in the UK is required.
Registered Charity No: 1004005 (England & Wales) SC037480 (Scotland)
For more Marine Conservation jobs, see environmentjob.co.uk