|Contract:||Permanent, part-time 30 hours per week|
|Salary:||£30,000-£35,000 FTE dependent on experience|
|Location:||Ross-on-Wye (flexible working options available)|
|Closing:||Wednesday 2 December 2020|
|Interviews:||Friday 11 December 2020 (some flexibility on date)|
At the Marine Conservation Society we fight for the future of our ocean through people-powered action with science on our side. We are determined to create the actions that will make change happen for the future of our oceans and to do that, our scientists, campaigners, education team and fundraisers need an efficient finance team to support them and ensure our charitable funds are used as effectively as possible.
We are looking for an exceptional Finance Manager to provide an excellent accounting service to the charity by developing and managing financial processes, managing the Accounts Officer and ensuring accurate accounting and adherence to all internal controls.
You will be responsible for:
- Managing the Accounts Officer and ensuring accurate accounting of the purchase ledger, sales ledger, banking and all MCS financial transactions
- Providing an excellent level of customer service to the MCS team
- Producing accurate management accounts to budget holders
- Leading on the development, implementation and maintenance of financial policies, controls and systems.
- Experience of managing purchase ledger, sales ledger, banking and production of management accounts
- Good knowledge of accounting in a charity with multiple income streams and restricted funds
- Ability to manage, motivate and develop staff
- Excellent organisational skills, attention to detail and flexibility
- Good Excel skills
- A team player focussed on providing excellent service across the charity
We are looking for people who demonstrate our values, but who can also contribute their own perspectives and experiences which add to our knowledge and our culture.
Further Information and How To Apply
First thing - download the Information Pack for the full job description, information about working at MCS and how to apply.
Include a cover letter with your CV which tells us why you would like to work with us, and how you meet the role and person specification. We value this element of the application, so make sure you include it.
Send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com. Please make sure it’s in an editable format – so no PDF or Pages formats.
For any enquiries email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01989 561574.
Everyone can expect to be treated with consideration and respect and MCS is committed to providing an inclusive environment for all. Good working relationships release the full potential, creativity and productivity of each individual, in an atmosphere where everyone can learn and work without prejudice, discrimination, harassment or violence.
We are committed to developing a team which is reflective of our society, and which can offer insight and views that influence our work. We are particularly interested in applications from groups which are under-represented in marine, environmental and charity sectors.
Eligibility to work in the UK is required.
Registered Charity No: 1004005 (England and Wales) SC037480 (Scotland)
For more Marine Conservation jobs, see environmentjob.co.uk