|Salary:||up to £28,500 dependent on experience|
|Location:||Flexible – frequent/regular visits to our Ross offices, also contact with other MCS offices. Working from home options available|
|Process:||Applications on a rolling basis – we reserve the right to close the vacancy when an appointment has been made|
Simply put, life on earth depends on the health of the oceans. It’s here ‘at sea’ that we win, or lose, the fight for nature’s and our own survival. Never before had mainstream media supported marine conservation with this intensity: Sky Ocean Rescue and Blue Planet II, in particular, have increased public awareness on the threats to the ocean to unprecedented levels. The result is that the seas are now high in the agendas of policymakers.
As positive and encouraging all this is, the reality is that marine litter is still rising and most of our Marine protected areas are paper parks, lacking management plans and appropriate funding. And restaurants are still serving endangered fish species. The fight is far from being over.
The Marine Conservation Society (MCS) is at the heart of the movement to save the oceans as the UK’s leading marine charity, and we are determined to create the actions that will make change happen for the future of our oceans. To do that, we need to ensure our messages engage wide audiences, and with increasing reach - if you’re an exceptional Digital Designer you can play a key part in the continuation of our vital work.
Day-to-day – your role
- Working with our highly passionate teams to design and produce creative, high-quality digital and printed communications which will resonate with our audiences, and create ways of engaging new audiences in supporting our work
- Actively sourcing and producing content for our digital channels
- Optimising content so that there is an excellent visitor experience and which drives repeat visits
- Evaluating data results to identify patterns and inform opportunities for continuous improvement
- Maintaining the quality and consistency of our visual identity, design style and brand feel across all of our products.
What you’ll need:
- Exceptional graphic design skills across multiple media platforms, skills in photo editing, typography and layout, including the specifics of designing for the best user experience on desktop, mobile and tablets.
- Experience of working with consultants and contractors, building great relationships to develop communications materials, concepts and other materials
- Knowledge and curiosity to explore existing and emerging online technologies and trends
- Good understanding of UI and UX design
Got what it takes?
- An adaptable and positive outlook which seeks to solve problems positively.
- Comfortable working at a fast-pace, effectively managing your own workload and the expectations of stakeholders making requests.
- A desire to be part of an organisation with ambitious aims to make changes for the marine environment.
Enquiries and further information
For any enquiries email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01989 561574.
MCS is an equal opportunities employer welcoming applications from all sections of the community.
Eligibility to work in the UK is required.
Registered Charity No: 1004005 (England and Wales) SC037480 (Scotland)For more Marine Conservation jobs, see environmentjob.co.uk