Fish of the month
Prawn and seaweed thai curry
The ratings range for this species is shown above, however we recommend you only source fish rated 1-3 on the Good Fish Guide for this recipe. Click to view all sustainability ratings for this fish
Cooking time 15
- 2.5 cm piece of ginger, grated
- 3 shallots, diced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 3 tablespoons Thai red curry paste, to suit your taste
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 250ml coconut milk
- 1 tablespoons fish sauce, to suit your taste
- 150g raw prawns, peeled
- Ebb Tides Dulse Seaweed, either a handful of whole Dulse or a good sprinkling from your grinder.
- Grate ginger
- Dice shallots
- Crush Garlic
- Peel prawns
- Heat olive oil in a frying pan and add the shallots. Soften for 2 minutes then add the garlic and ginger.
- Add the curry paste and continue cooking for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir in the coconut milk, Ebb Tides Dulse and the fish sauce. Bring the mixture to a brief boil then reduce to a simmer.
- Now add the raw prawns and cover. Cook for several more minutes until prawns are cooked through and serve with rice.