Our Fundraising Promise
Our members and supporters are vital to our success, and without their generous support through volunteering, campaigning and donating, we wouldn’t be able to carry out our important marine conservation work.
Donors and members provide us with the financial means to protect our seas, shores and wildlife and we are proud of the fact that over 80% of all our income is spent on conservation work - from campaigning for marine protected areas to clearing litter from beaches and working with industry to encourage more sustainable fishing practices.
We are incredibly grateful for the support we receive and take pride in ensuring that all our fundraising practices are honest, legal, transparent and respectful of our donor’s wishes and privacy. All of our staff and any agencies that work for us adhere to the strictest of fundraising guidelines. We comply fully with all relevant laws including the Data Protection Act 1998, the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003 (PECR), the Telephone Preference Service (TPS) and the Institute of Fundraising’s Code of Fundraising Practice. We are registered with the Fundraising Regulator (FR) and are members of the Data & Marketing Association (DMA - formerly the Direct Marketing Association) and the Institute of Fundraising (IOF).
Our promise to you:
- We are committed to the highest of standards.
- We will be open and transparent about how we raise money and how it is spent.
- We will never sell your data to other companies or share your details with other charities unless you tell us we can.
- We will make it clear and easy for you to choose how you hear from us. If you ask us not to contact you, we won’t, unless it’s a legal requirement.
- If we call you on the telephone regarding your membership or other means of support, we will always check first that you are happy to speak with us.
- We will never use pushy or aggressive fundraising techniques.
- We fully support the strengthening of the fundraising regulations and the GDPR.
If you have any concerns about the way we fundraise or would like any further information, please telephone us on 01989 566017 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you can write to us at the following address:
Marine Conservation Society
Actions you can take
Did you know?…
MCS encourages people to visit the coast, learn about the marine environment and enjoy it and provides ways they can help to keep it healthy and productive into the future
Every year, volunteers give us over 1,000 days of their time
MCS is a leading partner and volunteer trainer in the largest experimental marine citizen science project ever undertaken in the UK: Capturing our Coast
Use Savoo Search and help MCS
Use Savoo Search as your main search engine and they will donate 1p to MCS for every search. Also, with thousands of retailers listed and hundreds of deals on their site, you can find yourself a great deal while supporting our vital work.Start here and save this link