If you’re considering a company day out, why not get involved with an outdoor activity that is great for bonding and brilliant for the environment? MCS can offer you a volunteering opportunity that could be the start of something longer lasting.
Escape the office and get down to the beach!
Marine litter is not only unsightly and dangerous to humans but it can also harm wildlife through entanglement and ingestion.
By doing a beach clean and survey with your work colleagues, you’ll be taking part in the most influential fight against marine litter in the UK. Our MCS Clean Seas team uses the information gathered by volunteers to establish where the litter has come from and how it can be tackled at source.
- Your team beach clean will be led by someone from our Engagement team to ensure that your event is educational, enlightening and inspiring
- The event will be organised by us. We will select a suitable beach, check facilities, gain required permissions, determine the litter pick-up point, and provide a timetable that fits around the tide times
- MCS will provide the equipment needed including litter pickers, survey forms, first aid kit, bin bags, sharps box and tabards
- Posters to advertise your event to staff and customers
- We can offer extra activities such as the litter timeline game, quizzes and treasure hunts
- Our staff will provide a health and safety briefing on the day
- Public liability insurance
To find out about costs or to book, contact us at email@example.com
Actions you can take
- Download the Great British Beach Clean Report 2018
- Join a beach clean
- Open our Strategy 2018 - 2028 .pdf
- Organise a beach clean
- Read our annual reports and reviews
- Visit the beachwatch website
Did you know?…
MCS has a Company Membership Scheme through which businesses can support our work
Globally, plastic litter has reached every part of the world’s oceans
If you have any queries or would like to know more about how your company could support our workContact us now