If you’re considering a company day out, why not get involved with an outdoor activity that is great for bonding and brilliant for the environment? MCS can offer you a volunteering opportunity that could be the start of something longer lasting.
Escape the office and get down to the beach!
Marine litter is not only unsightly and dangerous to humans but it can also harm wildlife through entanglement and ingestion.
By doing a beach clean and survey with your work colleagues, you’ll be taking part in the most influential fight against marine litter in the UK. Our MCS Pollution team uses the information gathered by volunteers to establish where the litter has come from and how it can be tackled at source.
- Your team beach clean will be led by someone from our Beachwatch or Volunteer & Community Engagement teams to ensure that your event is educational, enlightening and inspiring
- The event will be organised by us. We will select a suitable beach, check facilities, gain required permissions, determine the litter pick-up point, and provide a timetable that fits around the tide times
- MCS will provide the equipment needed including litter pickers, survey forms, first aid kit, bin bags, sharps box and tabards
- Posters to advertise your event to staff and customers
- We can offer extra activities such as the litter timeline game, quizzes and treasure hunts
- Our staff will provide a health and safety briefing on the day
- Public liability insurance
To find out about costs or to book, contact us at [firstname.lastname@example.org}(mailto:email@example.com)
Actions you can take
- Join a beach clean
- Open our Strategy 2017 - 2027 .pdf
- Organise a beach clean
- Download the Great British Beach Clean Report 2017
- Visit the beachwatch website
- Read our annual reports and reviews
Did you know?…
Globally, plastic litter has reached every part of the world’s oceans
It’s estimated that one rubbish truck load of plastic litter enters the ocean every minute
MCS has a Company Membership Scheme through which businesses can support our work
Why not join a beach clean ... or organise one?
To date, our beach clean volunteers have removed 6 million pieces of litter from our beaches and collected marine litter data to support our campaigns for cleaner seas and beaches.Learn more and join a beach clean
Stop the plastic tide
Support our appeal to turn the tide on plastics.Find out more