Change for Fish – putting sustainability at the centre of the table!
Fish – a delicious and versatile inclusion on any restaurant menu, giving chefs the opportunity to get creative with this tasty, healthy choice. But there are serious impacts and threats to seafood supplies because of overfishing and habitat destruction. And if those of us who serve up fish to the public don’t act now – there could be some big gaps on the menu between the meat and vegetarian options.
Many fish populations have declined dramatically in recent decades and are struggling to recover. With almost 90 per cent of world fish stocks fully or over exploited from fishing, plus pressure from climate change and pollution, stocks need a helping hand to ensure chefs can serve up fish suppers for generations to come.
Change for Fish…
- An initiative from MCS and Fish2Fork to work with restaurants that are making efforts to improve the sustainability of their seafood.
- Highlights the above efforts to its customers.
- Customers will value the opportunity to dine safe in the knowledge that their restaurant and they are doing something good.
- Connects a restaurant’s customers with our seafood sustainability work.
- Supports sustainability by including a discretionary customer donation to MCS to support our work keeping our fish stocks safe.
Change for Fish restaurants will be listed on our Good Fish Guide app which has been featured in the Guardian’s top 10 sustainable food apps
Actions you can take
- Download the Good Fish Guide App for Android
- Open our Strategy 2018 - 2028 .pdf
- Read our annual reports and reviews
- Download the Good Fish Guide App for iPhone
Did you know?…
Over 3,000 sq km of our seabed is now protected from bottom-towed gear
Farmed fish and shellfish production will have to increase by 133% by 2050 to meet projected seafood demand worldwide
If you have any queries or would like to know more about how your company could support our workContact us now