The Marine Conservation Society (MCS) has been the voice for our seas for nearly 30 years; championing sustainable fisheries, clean seas and beaches and protection for marine wildlife.
All candidates are required to use our Application Form - regretfully we don't accept CVs - and we ask that you submit the application to us in an editable format (no pdf) for registration and shortlisting purposes. Please send your applications to email@example.com
We are currently seeking:
We are looking for an experienced independent Chairman to support the Chief Executive and Board in driving MCS’s development over the next period of development. You will act as an ambassador for our work at the highest levels, support the charity’s fundraising activities and help lead the organisation through a period of sustained development. Total time commitment is likely to be c. 2 days a month, including at least four Board meetings annually (usually held in Herefordshire) plus other promotional and campaign events as required.
Download the Trustee Application Pack here.
Salary range: £20,500 to £24,500 dependent on experience
Location: Ross-on-Wye, Herefordshire
Closing date: Sunday 9 August 2015
Interviews: Expected to be 19/20 August 2015
MCS is looking for an experienced IT Officer for an important role, acting as the first point of call for the IT and telecoms queries from our team. Responding to a variety of requests for technical assistance, you will provide hardware and software support, basic Windows administration and ensure continuous improvements to the service by maintaining the support log.
This role requires confidence in your abilities and a positive, friendly customer-focused approach – you will be a great communicator who enjoys providing a high level of service to a busy and dedicated team.
Working knowledge & understanding of Microsoft OS and packages (XP; Vista; Office; Outlook Exchange and Internet Explorer)
- Experienced problem-solving for the following:
- Desktop PC
- Remote access technology such as Citrix access gateway or RDP
- MS Windows desktop operating systems
- MS Office applications
- Telephone systems including VOIP
- Monitoring & filtering applications
- Demonstrable skills as a trouble-shooter, providing practical solutions for our team
- Able to show prioritisation skills to manage a varied and changing daily workload
- Have an understanding of new and emerging technology such as open data
- Be a team player, seeking and sharing knowledge to develop the IT service
Download the Application Form and Job Description
- Proven organisational and administrative skills preferably supporting a team – able to plan and deliver within tight deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills in order to represent the organisation with potential and existing donors, individual supporters and our colleagues
- Demonstrate an approachable and supportive style, with a positive, ‘can-do’ attitude
The Marine Conservation Society (MCS) has been the voice for our seas for nearly 30 years; championing sustainable fisheries, clean seas and beaches and protection for marine
MCS is an equal opportunities employer welcoming applications from all sections of the community. Eligibility to work in the UK is required.
Registered Charity No: 1004005 (England & Wales) SC037480 (Scotland)
Sign up to receive the